Monday, October 31, 2011

Airports

I was waiting for my friend and colleague at the Cape Town International Airport this morning.  She was arriving from a visit to Johannesburg.

It is quite interesting to watch all of the people.  I find myself wondering what their story is, why they are at the airport and who they are waiting for.  Some are picking up delegates for a function, others are waiting for loved ones and so the list goes on.  So many different people in one place.

A shopping mall is busy, but quietens down.  At an airport it is quite a different story.  I always experience a certain buzz of excitement. 

Sitting there watching all these different people with their different stories, I am honoured to be part of the diversity.  If all the people looked the same, acted the same and was there for the sae reason, how boring live would be.  Diversity is key to our existence and I am glad to be part of it.

Know that I think of it, I wonder how many people wondered about my story?

No comments:

Post a Comment