Monday, October 31, 2011

My favourite Cat in the Hat book is (???); because …

The title is exactly my favourite Cat in the Hat book.  I say this because I haven’t read the Cat in the Hat series.

Why?  The first reason is that I come from an Afrikaans household.  I grew up with other books to read – mostly Afrikaans.  I guess the Cat in the Hat didn’t fit into my upbringing.  I never even thought of reading it after I entered High School or University.  Come to think of it, I never read any Dr. Zeus book yet.  Maybe I should make a point of that.

I did watch the movie featuring Dakota Fanning and Mike Myers.  It gave me quite a laugh.  I did catch the lessons at the end of the film.  I wonder if all the books have a certain lessons. 

The second reason would be that it never intrigued me to read the book.  I heard about it, but never felt the urge should read it. 

Maybe I should go to the trouble and read the book.  Maybe there are some life lessons which I can take out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment